Davra Storms MQ
Senior Software Engineer
Davra is a world-leading IoT Software platform. Working in industries such as logistics, manufacturing, mining, healthcare we develop a platform that enables solutions to be delivered rapidly to address business needs across these industries. We are recognised by Gartner as the world’s leading private company in this space and ranked number 1 in the world on Gartner peer insights.
San Diego Rail: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pugEEJky8OE
Patient monitoring: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i76QYatcoJI&t=42s
Dubai Police: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOiNe9svGpk
This advertisement is for the position of Senior Software Engineer, the successful candidate will take responsibility for the delivery of the engineering aspects of a solution which detects outages on a manufacturing line for a large automaker. The candidate will be required to harvest data from a range of data sources and pipe that data to a central repository. The data types range from Log data, Sensor data, and text data. The ability to script and automate the retrieval of data is key. The role also involves consulting with the end customer to convert their business requirements to software requirements and also then to help coordinate their internal activities in order to resolve dependencies that support the delivery of those software requirements. You will also be interfacing with a team of data scientists who you will help prepare data for such that they will be productive in applying advanced machine learning techniques. You will then be taking the outputs from the data scientists and building the application which presents those incidents to a service desk team who will be responsible for responding to those incidents.
• Third level qualification in Computer Science / Engineering or a related discipline
• Min 5 years’ experience in delivering commercial software.
• Experience dealing with data engineering-type tasks.
• Experience in UNIX admin tools like SSH, SCP, VPNs, bash.
• Excellent proficiency in python and/or Node.js
• Experience working with RESTful API’s
• Good understanding of computer networks TCP/IP
• Excellent verbal communicator. This job requires the candidate to be comfortable and willing to engage in dialogue with a variety of stakeholders – software engineers, data scientists, project managers, partners & customers.
• Experience with agile methodologies and approaches (Agile, Kanban)
• Good understanding of Routing protocols.
• TelecEoms/network management background
• Experience interfacing with Splunk and Syslogs
• Experience integrating with ITIL systems such as Remedy.
• Familiar with different database technologies such as MongoDB, Cassandra, PostgreSQL, Elastic Search.
• Experience with Docker containers.
• Experience with AWS EC2 console and administering resources.
• Data preparation and Data Warehousing (SQL, ETL, Warehouse Architecture)
• A fast-paced and exciting job
• Opportunity to work on large scale industry projects
• The chance to do work that has a real and measurable positive impact on the world through the types of projects we take on – be it improving quality of life for the elderly, keeping school buses and trains running on time, or trying to avoid environmental disasters.
To apply for this position please fill out the form below!